• Women Vs Men Part 1 - What Sites Do Women Go Onto?


    Social mediais a platform where men and women are almost fully sharing the space. men stand at 51% of all social network users and women take up the remaining 49%. But, this is not the fully story because there are many social network platforms that are dominated by women. The way women use social media is illustrated very well by this info-graphic posted last year in this site. 


    The top ten list is occupied with some sites that you may not know. But there are the usual suspects that are in there. As you can see from the great info-graphic by Ignitesocialmedia, women have claimed top usage for some of the world’s bigger social networks. The site at number 1 is a version of Friends Re-United with Imvu.com (at number 2) being an avatar-based 3D game site. Vital to note is the site that’s at number 5, Habbo Hotel

    This platform was a very popular choice for some members of the Creative SEO team when they were younger. Its, "The world’s largest online hotel" and it’s an endless ride through social media and gaming. It is also the world’s most popular social platform for the 17 years old (and younger generation), or Generation Zas this group is being called. 

    Some people have made great points on how women are using social media and how platforms like Twitter are being used by this demographic. Tech Momma  is a great Twitter user that reaches out to fellow women for tech and lifestyle updates. This video , where Tech Momma is interviewed, shows how certain platforms work best for certain female groups. In the video they state that, "Everyday moms are on Facebook" and how brands interact with them differs between Twitter and Facebook. Twitter seems to work better for a, "higher level" of technical expertise. 

    At 07:00  (and we have made the link go straight to 07:00 for you) into the video a good observation is made on how a Twitter user called "Mr Print" places the hours that they are available on their Twitter profile - a great way to manage expectations and communication.